Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hey, Hey Domestic Goddess

I made dinner last night. No, seriously, I did. I know how to make simple things. Our weekly dinners usually consist of spaghetti, tacos (or burritos whichever Ryan is in the mood for) chicken on the Foreman (which Ryan makes, and I usually skip) or frozen dinners. As you see we do not mix it up too much. Lately, I have been trying to cook more. Basically, I find out what Ryan wants for dinner, I google it and voila I have a recipe. I made Chicken Pot Pie one night, which actually turned out pretty good, but it took awhile to make. I made yams, mac and cheese (from scratch not from a box), pumpkin pie and a few other things for Christmas dinner. Well, yesterday I discovered the crockpot! It is the best invention ever. I cut up some potatoes, carrots, and poured in some cream of mushroom soup set a roast in it, put some chopped onions on top, turned it on low, and the came home 9 hours later and dinner was ready. The only bad thing is I do not like roast, but Ryan seemed to like it, so score 20 points for domestic goddess!

1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin pie?! Oooh, I'm going to your house for Christmas dinner!

    ReplyDelete