Thursday, June 11, 2009

I should really be my own reality show

It's a good thing I am not my own reality show, because people would seriously make fun of me. It would be like when Jessica Simpson did that reality TV show and everyone talked about how dumb she was. Episode One: How many Shandas does it take to open a door?

So last night I come home from yoga, and take a shower, when I get out of the shower, I hear sirens. I was like what is going on, I just took Harley for a walk and everything was fine. I put on my PJs and come downstairs, and behold, the sky has turned a yellowish color, so I start planning what to do. I decide to get the puppies and take them into the downstairs guest bathroom. Zoe was easy, she can't out run me yet, Harley, well that was another story. I finally get some treat and get Harley into the bathroom. I close the door, and go upstairs and get a brush (to brush out my wet hair) my cell phone, a candle (in case the lights go out) and the radio. I get everything all set up, and I think, you know the pups may want some water, so I go get the water and when I open the door to come back in, ZOOM Harley flies out. I close the door and run after Harley. Now, the rain is pouring, the sirens are still going off, and I can hear the strong winds, so I am a little frantic. I grab Harley and a toy and go to get back in the bathroom with Zoe, and the door is locked. Yes, I locked my puppy, my phone, and everything else in the bathroom. I go get an ice pick to pop open the lock, and it doesn't work. At this point, the weather is really bad, and Zoe is whining. Determined to get the door open, I go grab a screwdriver to take the door off the bathroom..haha ya right, like I could really do that. So, I am freaking out, I can't get to Zoe or my phone, so I try to call Ryan, but I can't remember his number (since it is saved in my cell phone that is locked in the bathroom). I finally decide I am going to break down the door and get my puppy out, at the exact moment I decide to do this, I remembered Ryan's cell phone number. I call it, it goes to voicemail, I give the door one last yank, and it opens. I leave Ryan a voicemail saying, I need you to come home right now, oh, nevermind I just got it! I finally get in the bathroom with both of my pups, and we all survived the storm. Once the sirens stopped and radio weather man told me all was clear, we left the restroom and I had 3 classes of wine. No, I don't know how I get myself into these messes! BIG SIGH

No comments:

Post a Comment